Cornflake Barn Booking Terms & Conditions
Please read and ensure you understand these booking terms and conditions.
Please contact us if anything remains unclear so we can then explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings.
– A contract between you and the owner will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement.
All rights of occupancy for the exclusive use of the property as a holiday let begin at 5pm on the first day of the booking and cease at 10am on the day of departure, such dates being determined by the rental agreement.
– The contract determined by these terms and conditions and any rental agreement entered into as a consequence of the booking being made on a social media website binds you and all the members of your party.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms and conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the booking.
Principal Contract Terms
If the booking is made on this website, https://www.cornflakebarn.co.uk/, then a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the holiday price is payable at the time of booking except that bookings made less than six weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge.
If the holiday has been booked through a website such as VRBO or AirBnB then payments are to be made in accordance with those sites’ terms and conditions.
– The balance must be paid and received no later than six weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and you will remain liable to pay the balance
– A cancellation must be immediately notified by telephone and then in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than 2 weeks before the commencement date then you may forfeit your deposit if we are unable to replace the booking. If you cancel less than 2 weeks prior to the holiday then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
– Your booking may only be cancelled by the owner in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. In the unlikely event of cancellation notification will be given as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
– The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 12 and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
– Holiday lets normally commence at 5pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the apartment by 10am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
On departure you must ensure all the bins are emptied and that the rubbish is taken to the refuse bins. Crockery and cutlery should be washed before departure.
– The property has a no smoking policy. In the event that this condition is not adhered to you will be responsible for the cost of a “deep clean”.
– Whilst we do not require a “breakage deposit”, in making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any costs or loss that we may incur as a result.
– The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
– Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
– The owner reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
– The owner or his representative reserves the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
– We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort, or health of others, or give rise to concerns about the appropriate use of the property as a holiday home.
Pets – Dogs are welcome at Cornflake Barn, a maximum of 2 mature well behaved dogs. There is a £20 fee per dog per stay.
We require that all dogs have been flea treated and wormed within 3 weeks prior to their visit. The owner is responsible for immediate clean up and repairs of incidental damage caused by the dog. The clean-up should be thorough enough to generate no additional work for the staff. For more extensive soiling please call us on 07595150420 for assistance, please do not use any cleaning agents or water on the wooden floors. Please always make sure that your dog is clean before bringing it into the barn. Please ensure you bring towels to dry your dog with. There is an outdoor hose by the front door to ensure your dog is clean prior to entering. Dogs may not be cleaned in showers, sinks or baths.
Dogs must not be left unattended inside or in the courtyard, regardless of how they are secured.
Dogs are not allowed on any furniture including bedding and to avoid doubt, may not sleep on your bed.
Please note that you will be charged for extra/special cleaning for bedding soiled by dogs. Dogs should not be left for excessively long periods in the courtyards, as this can lead to damage to the plants plus excessive dog fouling.
Your dog is always the responsibility of yourself the owner. The owner is liable for any damage or upset caused by the dog.
We reserve the right to terminate a stay or refuse entry without notice if a dog and/or its owner cause damage or inconvenience to others, the property or ourselves. No recompense will be given in such cases.
Pets other than dogs are not allowed.
All dogs must be house trained and the number and type of dog must not exceed what was agreed at the time of booking, otherwise a breach of contract will be deemed to have taken place.
A charge will be made for any additional cleaning or repairs required. The property owner cannot be held responsible for any accident or injury to a dog during their stay.
Other contractual matters and use of the property
– We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss however incurred.
Please treat the facilities and accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. Please respect our neighbour’s privacy, peace and quiet. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action to make good as soon as possible. If there have been any breakages during your stay, please advise us before you leave. You may be charged for any loss or damage at the owner’s discretion.
Regrettably we do not accept Hen, Stag or 18th/21stbirthday parties.
Parking – To respect other residents within this barn development please only park in the area outlined in the ‘location’ section of the website. Cars are left at the owner’s risk and we accept no liability for vehicles.
– Please remind your guests to lock the doors and close the windows when they leave the property unoccupied.
– Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
– The client may in no circumstance re-let or sub-let the property, even free of charge.
– The internet connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability.
– The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building or grounds.
– All inventory must remain in the property and not be taken to another property.
– Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday should be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the owner.
– Children should be supervised at all times in the house and the gardens. Guests are responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times. Clients agree not to leave children without adult supervision. Use of all of the facilities of the properties are entirely at the risk of the holidaymakers.
– Candles are not permitted inside the property.
– We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
– The property owners take no responsibility for the personal possessions of the holidaymaker or the holidaymaker’s party. Vehicles and possessions are left entirely at the risk of the holidaymaker.
Behaviour – Please respect our neighbours’ privacy, peace and quiet. We hope you will appreciate that in order to protect the interests of the vast majority of our clients that it is necessary that we reserve the right to enter the property and require any member of a party to leave immediately if their conduct results in police attendance; or is considered by us to be inappropriate; likely to cause harm; impair the enjoyment, comfort or safety of anyone; or is likely in our belief, to breach any of this agreement. No refunds or compensation will be given in these circumstances. We reserve the right to cancel a booking, or to instruct a party to leave the house immediately, without compensation or refund, in the event of non-compliance with this agreement.
Complaints – Every endeavour is made to ensure your stay with us is memorable for all the right reasons. However, we do recognise that from time-to-time things do go wrong. In these circumstances, we request that you make any such problem known to the property owner (or their representative) immediately, thereby giving the property owner the opportunity to correct the situation. Unless this procedure is followed, no subsequent claim will be entertained. The property owner will make every endeavour to rectify any identified problems as soon as is reasonably possible.
Number of Guests/parties – Only the total number of people shown on the booking confirmation are entitled to stay. If it is found that more people than agreed are using the property, this will be considered a breach of contract and we reserve the right to require the holidaymaker and his/her party to leave immediately without any refund. Holidaymakers may not be substituted by others during the stay without specific approval of the owners, when a charge per person/room may become applicable. Sub-letting or assignation of the let is prohibited.
Stay at Cornflake Barn and enjoy one of the best holidays available in England.